This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
A social distance weekend doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- SOPAC Sessions presents a livestream concert by The Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Bands tonight, February 25 at 7:30 pm.
- NJPAC presents a livestream performance from Nickel Creek on Sunday, February 28 at 7:30 pm.
- Dwight Yoakam presents the first 3 episodes of his new livestream series “One Time Live” presented by Mayo PAC on Sunday, February 28 at 9 pm. Dwight and his full band will perform one of his iconic albums, start to finish. $20
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema’s lineup this weekend, which celebrates Black History Month.
Art & Literature
- Bestselling author Gabrielle Glaser will be in conversation with journalist and novelist Benilde Little about her new book “American Baby: A Mother, A Child and the Shadow History of Adoption” in MPL’s latest Open Book / Open Mind on Sunday. February 28 at 4 pm.
- Comedian Vic DiBitetto churns energy, honesty and humanity into nonstop laughter. He’s been called a cross between Rodney Dangerfield and Ralph Kramden. Check him out at Mayo PAC on Friday, February 26 at 7 pm and 9:30 pm. $39–$69