This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
A social distance weekend doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- Melissa Etheridge plays her hit songs and more for a feel good Saturday, beginning at 6 pm, $10.
- Isaiah J. Thompson will lead his jazz quartet for a performance Sunday, February 7 pm. Jazz aficionados will notice homages to jazz greats throughout this performance, but very much appreciate the quartet’s fresh, original approach.
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema’s lineup this weekend. It’s the best way to watch the latest movies from home while supporting the non-profit organization.
Art & Literature
- Join MAM Conversations tonight at 6 pm on a virtual trip to Alaska to visit artist Sonya Kelliher-Combs’s studio. Kelliher-Combs uses a mix of synthetic, organic, traditional, and modern materials to examine the relationship between Western and Native cultures and identities.
- Join Newark Museum on Friday, February 5 at 6 pm for Happy Hour: Art, Culture & Spirits. In celebration of Black History Month, the Museum’ s own Happy Hour host, Darryl Dwayne, will discuss the advancement of people of color in and around the fashion industry, joined by special guest Aaron R. Tucker, celebrity wardrobe stylist & costume designer.
- Check out the Opening Reception of “Angel in the Skyline” at 4 Flavors Art in Montclair on Friday, From 6–9pm.