This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
A social distance weekend doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- Hosted and curated by legendary blues & roots musician Taj Mahal, and presented by Mayo PAC, the Roots Rising Showcase on Saturday, March 20 at 9 pm, will feature a collection of Taj’s hand-picked favorite emerging artists performing songs recorded live and exclusively for this streaming performance. $25–$65
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema’s lineup this weekend.
Art & Literature
- Succeed2gether’s Montclair Literary Festival will offer a special series of author events, Global Voices on March 20 & 21. See all of the talks here.
Social Distance Events
- Montclair Art Museum will host a Virtual Community Town Hall tonight, March 18 at 7 pm, inspired by its current exhibition Fragile Freedoms: Maggie Meiners Revisits Rockwell. The Town Hall will be moderated by Montclair community activist James Johnson and will include issue-based breakout groups to further examine the extent of these disparities and explore what we can do as a community to take action. Congresswoman Mikie Sherrill (NJ-11) and Artist Maggie Meiners will offer remarks.
- Join Aging in Montclair’s Saturday Social on March 20 at 2pm feature pioneering television journalist Mary Alice Williams being interviewed by journalist and author Leslie Bennetts. They will discuss “Living Longer: Challenges and Possibilities.”