This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
A social distance weekend doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- SOPAC Sessions presents Roberta Gambarini accompanied by Cyrus Chestnut on piano, John Lee on bass and Tommy Campbell on drums tonight, March 27 at 7:30 pm.
- In honor of Women’s History Month, SOPAC presents a virtual chamber music concert with members from South Orange Symphony and Garden State Philharmonic showcasing the music of women composers throughout the last 200 years. Friday, March 26 at 7:30 pm.
- Mayo PAC presents a performance by legendary blues & roots musician Taj Mahal and Fantastic Negrito on Saturday, March 27 at 9 pm. $25–$65
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema’s lineup this weekend.
Social Distance Events
- Join NJPAC — and its partner organizations Congregation Ahavas Sholom and the Rutgers-Newark Institute for Jazz Studies — for the premiere performance of The Jazz and Justice Suite, a new work celebrating the activism and artistry of both communities. Thursday, March 25 at 7 pm.
- Join Newark Museum virtually today at 3 pm at to hear from fearless thought leaders about the continuing battle for true equality for all women. We expect lively conversations around what’s next in this new climate.