This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
A social distance weekend doesn’t mean your enjoyment of arts and entertainment is over.
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- Seton Hall University’s Classical Concert Series, along with SOPAC, will present violin soloist entrepreneur Kelly Hall-Tompkins tonight, Thursday, April 15 at 7:30 pm. Free.
- Brandi Carlile sits down for a chat with Hunter Kelly about her life, music, and a new memoir, Broken Horses. The 92Y event begins at 8 pm tonight, Thursday, April 15. $35
- GRAMMY® Award-winning singer Judy Collins recreates her 1964 Town Hall concert debut with NJPAC on Friday, April 16 at 8 pm. This streaming performance includes songs that spoke to the social and political activism of the ’60s and are still incredibly relevant today.
- Weezer teams up with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and Youth Orchestra Los Angeles for a live stream show from the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday, April 16 at 9 pm. The event will feature the band’s latest album, OK Human. $20
- Celebrate the release of Ani DiFranco’s 22nd studio album ‘Revolutionary Love’ with a full concert from Ani, Terence Higgins, and special guest Ivan Neville at NJPAc on Sunday, April 18 at 7 pm.
- On Saturday, April 17 at 3 pm, Mayo PAC presents The Broadway Cast Reunion Series, which allows audiences a chance to do what they may never have done before: visit “backstage” with the cast and hear personal, hilarious, unscripted stories and gossip – as the casts really let their hair down. Viewers can even ask questions via the chat feature! $15
- On Saturday, April 17 at 3 pm, Montclair Film members are invited to an exclusive conversation about awards season with Montclair Film founding board member and former head of the Artistic Committee Daniel Battsek.
- Join Newark Museum–in partnership with Essex County Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs– on Saturday, April 17 from 10 am–5 pm, for a virtual celebration to explore the wonders of cherry blossoms and enjoy a wide variety of other activities related to spring and Japanese culture.