This week’s Arts & Entertainment at home column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
The unofficial start to summer is officially here: Memorial Day Weekend! And a socially distanced holiday weekend doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy arts & entertainment this weekend!
Here’s your guide to the latest social distance events to enjoy this weekend:
Live Stream Music & Theater
- The Black Keys perform a live stream concert tonight, May 27 at 8 pm.
- Luna Stage presents 2.2 Square Miles of Soul: Voices of Orange, a powerful documentary film exploring the changing face of Orange, New Jersey– through May 31. Told through first-hand narratives of six former and current residents of Orange, they reflect on the community they all still think of as home.
- The House Band of School of Rock Montclair will present a concert on Thursday, May 27, in support of MusiCares, a national foundation that provides health and welfare services to professional musicians in times of financial, personal or medical crisis. The concert will be live-streamed on the School’s Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Montclair Film presents Tales of The Four Seasons, a quartet of films from Éric Rohmer, who reworked his career-long theme: the dangers of false love in the quest for the real thing. $34
Art & Literature
- Put your mind to the test in Newark Museum’s epic Art Trivia competition tonight at 7 pm! You’ll be taken on a whirlwind ride around the world of art in a fast-paced and hugely entertaining night in with the museum.
- SOPAC presents Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company: Awakening, a free virtual performance in honor of Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month through Monday, May 31.
- The Township of Montclair will hold its annual Memorial Day tribute on Monday, May 31, at 10 am, in Edgemont Memorial Park. Preparations are being made for social distancing. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be canceled and a video remembrance will be aired on Montclair TV34.
- Enjoy the annual Glen Ridge Memorial Day Parade, service, and town picnic on Monday beginning at 11 am. The parade starts at Sherman Avenue and Baldwin Street. The Town Picnic will be at Glen Ridge Train Station – Ridgewood & Darwin
- The Township of West Orange will hold its Annual Memorial Day ceremony at Township Hall on Monday, May 31 beginning at 10 am.
- Head to Asbury Park through Memorial Day weekend for a good old-fashioned carnival, with rides, games, and food.