This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Here’s your guide to weekend events, both virtual and in-person, to enjoy:
Live Music & Theater
- NJPAC presents Welcome to Night Vale: The Haunting of Night Vale on Friday, June 24 at 8 pm.
- Mayo PAC presents The Soft Parade: A Tribute to the Doors on Friday, June 25 at 7:30 pm.
- Enjoy Caribbean Heritage Month with Newark Museum and an array of Caribbean Beats to kickstart your summer on Friday, June 25 at 7 pm.
- “Walk in My Gravity,” an original song cycle, will have its world premiere at The Vanguard Theatrer with three shows only — Saturday, June 26 at 3PM and 8PM, and Sunday, June 27, at 4PM.
- The New Jersey Symphony Orchestra Chamber Players return to Mayo PAC on Sunday, June 27 at 3 pm to ring in the summer! Hear favorites from Broadway, trailblazing Black composer George Walker’s moving Lyric for Strings and Dvořák’s beloved “American” String Quartet, plus insights and stories from the NJSO musicians.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: Evolution X and New Power Soul.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery:Torment of Giants
- Montclair Film with Out Montclir will present a free outdoor screening of To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar at Lackawanna Plaza on Saturday, June 26 at 7 pm.
- Vic DiBitetto—“The Italian Hurricane”—returns to NJPAC on Saturday, June 26 at 7 pm and 9:30 pm.
- Check out local artist Liz Murphy’s work at her Open Studio Reception on Friday, June 25 from 6 pm –10 pm.
- The Weirdo Party and Fresh Air Montclair hosts a Silent Disco on Saturday, June 26 from 7 pm –10 pm. Enjoy music, dancing, art, and good company!