This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Here’s your guide to this weekend events, both virtual and in-person, to enjoy:
- Music at the Mansion Porch Performances presents a virtual concert with Amy Brabson on Saturday, July 10 at 7:30 pm. Ms. Brabson is an accomplished soprano and cabaret singer who has performed at New York City venues as varied as Merkin Concert Hall, The Metropolitan Room and Ashford & Simpson’s Sugar Bar.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery: Ruby Bones & Cover Story
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: Event Horizon & Audio Riot
- Morris Museum presents a quartet from American Symphony Orchestra on Sunday, July 11 at 8 pm. The concert explores 20th-century Mexican modernists with a surprising program that explores the string quartet works of three Mexican composers: Manuel Ponce, Carlos Chavez, and Silvestre Revueltas.
Enjoy the first official East Coast Sound concert in 2 years, and celebrate the live, in-person a cappella singing at Caldwell University on Saturday, July 10 at 4 pm. The show will feature performances by East Coast Sound, Somerset Hills Harmony, Gimme Four, and Cohesion Quartet.
Theater & Dance
- Vanguard Theater presents Vanguard’s Perfectly Cast Cabaret Fundraiser on Friday, July 10, and Saturday, July 10 at 8 pm.
- Jersey City native Mike Marino returns to NJPAC on Saturday, July 10 at 8 pm with a more hysterical stand-up about the Italian-American experience. Special guest is Jon Bramnick, N.J.’s funniest lawyer!
- Check out Montclair Film’s Virtual Cinema offerings this weekend.
- West Orange presents Downtown Thursdays, tonight, July 8 from 5 pm– 8 pm. Enjoy live music by the Howlin Poets, grab takeout and enjoy outdoor dining at Eagle Rock, and even hop on a food and shop tour that will take you for a spin through several sites and tastes of the Eagle Rock section.