This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Here’s your guide to this weekend events, both virtual and in-person, to enjoy:
- Acclaimed vocalist and Broadway star Linda Eder performs music made popular by Judy Garland as MPAC celebrates the opening of its 27th season on Friday, September 17 at 8 pm.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Tierney’s: Jersey Transit Authority
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: Nine Deez Nite and Good Noise
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Ruthie’s: Mighty Burners and Rich Reiter
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery: Anthony Chen Band
- Outpost in the Burbs presens The Bongos at Van Vleck Houe & Gardens on Saturday, Septemebr 18 at 5 pm.
- Morris Museum presents The New Jersey String Quartet playing Schubert on Sunday, September 19 at 7 pm
- Eddie Griffin performs at NJPAC on Saturday, September 18 at 7 pm.
- Comedians Jeff Ross and Dave Attell have joined forces to bring their colorful wit and unfiltered banter to Mayo PAC in their new show, Bumping Mics on Saturday, September 18 at 8 pm.
Dance & Theater
- The leave no trace theatre company begins a brand new outdoor “Fire Pit” reading series for the development of new and unconventional plays at Montclar Breweary on Sunday, Septemebr 19 from 6 pm – 9:30 pm
- Celebrate our amazing community and Montclair Art Museum’s reopening at MAM Fall Fest, a FREE day-long festival! Enjoy new exhibitions, live music, yoga, performances, drop-in art classes, food & drink, kids’ storytime, a Shop at MAM Trunk Show and Art Sale—and a whole lot of fun for all ages!
- Enjoy Uptown Montclair when it hosts its 45th annual Sidewalk Sale on Saturday, September 18, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. More than 30 businesses will participate and offer sales that attract customers each and every year.
- Check out the 37th annual Rose Squared Art Show at Anderson Park, September 18-19, 2021 from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Enjoy Al Fresco dining at the heart of Bloomfield Center at the Dinner Under the Stars series on Friday, September 17. Washington Street becomes an entertainment plaza from Glenwood Avenue to Farrand Street. Enjoy great food and be entertained by live music by Michaela McClain.
- The Newark Museum presents Community Day: Fiesta Latina on Saturday, September 18 from 10 am – 5 pm. Featuring live music, dance, and a variety of hands-on activities, there will be fun for the whole family!