This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Here’s your guide to weekend events, both virtual and in-person, to enjoy:
- Bergen PAC presents RAIN: A Tribute to The Beatles tonight, October 7 at 8 pm.
- Mayo PAC presents san evening with Kenny Loggins on Friday, October 8 at 8 pm.
- Outpost in the Burbs presents Robyn Hitchcock on Friday, October 8 at 8 pm.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Tierney’s: Watchung Mountain Riders
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: Aftershock and Band of Make Believe
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Ruthie’s: Filthy Rich and Joe Taino
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery: Rampart St. and The Moving Parts
- NJSO returns to NJPAc with two performances this weekend.
- Mayo PAC presents Herman’s Hermits with Peter Noone and The Grass Roots on Saturday, October 9 at 8 pm.
- Bergen PAC presents An Evening with David Sedaris on Sunday, October 9 at 8 pm.
- Luna Stage presents The Frontera Project on October 7– 10 at 7 pm in Lackawanna Plaza. The play brings Mexican and US artists together in a unique, bi-lingual, interactive performance experience. Fusing theater, movement, music, and play, this dynamic piece engages the audience in a compassionate, often joyous conversation about the Border that lifts up the kinds of human stories that too often get lost in the noise of partisan agendas and media bubbles.
- Montclair Art Museum presents a weekend series of events honoring Indigenous Peoples’ Day from Saturday, October 9– October 11. In this series developed with Iakowi:he’ne’ Oakes, artists from Northeastern Indigenous nations share their varied artistic practices, which include photography, landscape art, digital media, painting, beadwork, fashion, and performance.