This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Here’s your guide to weekend events to enjoy:
- The Wellmont presents The Disco Biscuits on Friday, November 26, and Saturday, November 27 at 8 pm. The Disco Biscuits are still very much the pioneers of “trancefusion,” bridging the gap between electronic music and jam bands. They still remain rock pioneers whose soul belongs as much to marathon dance parties as it does to live improvisational journeys.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Tierney’s: The Flemtones
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: Good Noise & New Power Soul
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Ruthie’s: Dean Shot & Max Kaplan
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery: Rostafa
- See Sarah Brightman: A Christmas Symphony at NJPAC on Saturday, November 27 at 8 pm.
- This Saturday, November 27 at 8 pm, local musician Jason Didner will perform an interactive online benefit concert for the Mental Health Association of Essex & Morris Counties.
- NJPAC presents The Thanksgiving Comedy Fest on Friday, November 26 at 8 pm, featuring Earthquake, Luenell, Capone, and Smokey Suarez, and is hosted by Tony Rock.
- On Saturday, November 27 at 8 pm, NJPAC presents Chris Distefano. Along with comedy buddy Yannis Pappas, he created the gut-busting Bay Ridge Boys web series and History Hyenas podcast.
- The Ashenfelter 8K Classic and The Tom Fleming Mile annual race are back this year on Thanksgiving morning at 9 am! Named for Olympic gold medalist Horace Ashenfelter, the race raises funds for the Glen Ridge Educational Foundation and is a United States Track & Field-NJ Championship Road Race open to everyone — walkers, joggers, runners, and racers.
- Show some love to your local shops on Shop Small Saturday on Saturday, November 27 in Montclair Center. The Montclair Center BID team will be on Church Street from 11 am – 4 pm. There will be live music starting at 12 pm with performances by Jazz House Kids and Vanguard Theater. Santa and Mrs. Claus will also be outside from 12-4 pm to help greet holiday shoppers. There will also be free 2-hour parking at all Montclair meters.
- On Sunday, November 28, more than 1,700 Museum Stores will offer inspired shopping inside your favorite museums and cultural institutions for Museum Store Sunday. Head to The Shop at MAM from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. and do your holiday shopping while supporting YOUR community museum. To celebrate the day, The Shop at MAM will offer 20% off all merchandise!