This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Here’s your guide to weekend events to enjoy:
- The Wellmont presents Voyage: The Ultimate Journey Tribute Band on Friday, January 28 at 8 pm.
- Outpost in the Burbs presents Bettye LaVette on Saturday, January 29 at 8 pm.
- Celebrate the Year of the Tiger as the New Jersey Symphony continues a tradition that welcomes all audiences for a festive evening of community and cultural exchange at NJPAC on Saturday, January 29 at 7:30 pm.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery: Lenahawkin
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Tierney’s: The Flemtones and Jersey Transit Authority
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: Man Down and The Cliffs
- Check out this weekend’s live music at DLV Lounge: Richard Pierson’s Life Story Band every weekend.
- SOPAC presents Jazz in the Loft: Ty Stephens “Standard Tyme” featuring (the) SoulJaazz on Sunday, January 30 at 7 pm.
Theater & Dance
- Morris Museum presents National Theatre Live: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time on Sunday, January 30 at 2 pm.
- NJPAC presents Celebrating the Songs of Leonard Bernstein with Bill Charlap and the Bill Charlap Trio, author Jamie Bernstein, and host Ted Chapin on Saturday, January 29 at 8 pm.
- The West Orange Classic Film Festival premieres on Sunday, January 30 at 2 pm with “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” (1966), with screenwriter/playwright/stage director Joe Gilford, son of Jack Gilford, one of the film’s stars.
Art, Literature, & History
- Tune in for Montclair History Center’s “History at Home,” today, January 27 at 12 pm when Mike Farrelly talks about the Gilbreth family, of “Cheaper by the Dozen” fame.
- Newark Museum presents a virtual murder mystery experience tonight, January 27 at 7 pm. Search the museum, interview suspects, use forensic science, and work with your team to determine whether artist Cynthia Conner’s death was an accident or something more.