This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
Here’s your guide to weekend events to enjoy:
- Violinist Damien Escobar sits at the intersection of Hip-Hop and Classical music with a sophisticated, edgy style and an unstoppable swagger. See him perform at SOPAC tonight at 7:30 pm.
- Inon Barnatan teams up with the New Jersey Symphony to perform all five Beethoven piano concertos today, Thursday, March 31 at 1:30 pm and Saturday, April 2 at 8 pm.
- Marc Broussard, an old-school Southern Soul singer, performs at SOPAC on Friday, April 1 at 8 pm.
- The award-winning, thunderous theatrical quartet DakhaBrakha blends ancient Ukrainian Folk melodies into a subversive musical tapestry that embraces Indie -Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, the avant-garde, and traditional instrumentation from around the world. See them at SOPAC on Saturday, April 2 at 8 pm.
- Pink Talking Fish is a Hybrid Tribute Fusion Act that takes the music from three of the world’s most beloved bands and creates a special treat for fans of the music. See them at The Wellmont on Saturday, April 2 at 8 pm.
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery: Django Untrained
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Ruthie’s: Dean Shot
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: The Benjamins and New Power Soul
- Multiple GRAMMY® Award-winning jazz pianist and world-renowned singer Diana Krall returns to NJPAC on Sunday, April 3 at 7:30 pm.
- Tab Benoit, with special guest Whiskey Bayou Revue, performs at SOPAC on Sunday, April 3 at 7:30 pm.
- The Hanover Wind Symphony returns to Morris Museum’s Bickford Theatre on Sunday, April 3 at 3 pm with Music as Motion featuring Kenneth DeCarlo as the trumpet soloist. Hear Hanover perform Carnival of Venice, Fantasie Brillante, and more!
Theater & Dance
- Urban Bush Women’s Hair & Other Stories is a dance-theater work that explores race, identity, and ideas of beauty through the lens of Black women’s hair. See it at NJPAC this weekend on April 1 at 7:30 pm and April 2 at 2 pm.
- Two Elizas, a new solo show by Jenny Mercein, explores women’s rights, motherhood, and loss. See it at Luna Stage this weekend.
- The 2022 Essex County Cherry Blossom Festival kicks off on Saturday, April 2 with a week-long calendar of events.