This weekend events guide column is sponsored by Kate McDonough.
So many great local events to enjoy this weekend! From live music and concerts to comedy and theater, to films and social events, this is your guide to what’s happening:
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Tierney’s: BOB FEST: Celebrating the Life of Bob Trondsen and The Accelerators
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Ruthie’s: Dean Shot and Filthy Rich
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Montclair Brewery: The Michael Reitman Band
- Check out this weekend’s live music at Just Jake’s: Almost Easy and Nine Deeez Nite
- Mayo PAC presents a night of your favorite Electric Light Orchestra hits, performed by former members of the iconic British pop band on Friday, May 20 at 8 pm.
- SOPAC presents ZOSO – The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience on Friday, May 20 at 8 pm.
- The Wellmont presents Primus performing the iconic Rush album “A Farewell To Kings” in its entirety on Saturday, May 21 at 8 pm.
- Ten-time Grammy Award-winner and NEA Jazz Master Eddie Palmieri skillfully fuse the rhythm of his Puerto Rican heritage with the complexity of his jazz influences. See him at SOPAC on Saturday, May 21 at 8 pm.
- See a Movie! Check out the weekend lineup at The Claridge.
Theater & Dance
- Celebrate the incredible legacy of dancer, choreographer, and educator Nai-Ni Chen with a special performance by the Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company at NJPAC on Saturday, May 22 at 2 pm.
- Tonight, the Wellmont presents Chelsea Handler with her “Vaccinated and Horny” Tour in two shows at 7 pm and 9 pm.
- Join AAPI Montclair for the second annual Lantern Festival for Justice and Remembrance on Friday, May 20 from 7-9 pm (Rain Date: May 21, 2022). It will be an evening of healing, remembrance, and solidarity with fellow community members, with performances, speakers, family-friendly activities, and more.
- Visit Verona Park this weekend and enjoy one-of-a-kind art created by 110 artisans. Featured artwork includes ceramics, drawing, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed media, painting, photography, and sculpture. Artisan food is available, too. Presented by Rose Squared Art Shows.
- Attend The Montclair Eco Fair on Saturday, May 21 from 10 am to 4 pm! Enjoy environmental displays, learn about renewable energy, native plants, beekeeping, organic food, pollinator gardens, sustainable transportation, and live music!
- Also on Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm, the Glen Ridge Arts and Eco Fair offers a celebration of arts and the environment featuring arts and crafts vendors, eco/wellness vendors, eco demonstrations, music, and children’s activities.
- Join Montclair Brewery in celebrating AAPI Heritage Month with food from Brick Lane Curry, our limited-edition lychee IPA, and live dance and music on Sunday, May 22 from 2 pm – 8 pm.