- This event has passed.
College Women’s Club Booksale Donations
February 2 @ 9:30 am - 11:45 am
We are open this Saturday for donations. Our donation policy has been altered – our contract with our landlord has changed and we are now limited in our use of space. We can therefore accept LIMITED donations at Booksale Headquarters on the following Saturdays from 9:30am ’til 11:45am.
Donors may drop off no more than 15 containers each week, either bags, cartons (with maximum dimensions of 10” X 12” X 15”), or a combination. They may return on subsequent weeks, following the same guidelines.
December 15, 29
January 5, 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 16
It’s easier to say what we don’t accept than to list what we do. We DO NOT want
- Encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books (or similar)
- Textbooks (unless quite recent or very old)
- AAA Travel Guides or maps
- Travel Guides that are more than 3-4 years old (unless they are very old)
- Anything that is falling apart, moldy, heavily underlined, etc.
- Puzzles or board games
- American Heritage or Horizon magazines
- Magazines more recent than 1980
- VHS tapes (video tapes)
We would love to get
- All hardcover and softcover books, adult & children, English and other languages, fiction and non-fiction
- Media of all kinds: DVDs, CDs, records (no 78’s), audio books (CD and audio tape), audio tapes. They must all be in their original printed jackets. Please don’t bring us empty cases (check those CD jewel boxes), or anything that you recorded yourself (we can’t legally resell those).
- Sheet music, maps, postcards
- Magazines from before 1980, except for National Geographic which must be from before WWII
If you want a tax receipt, please come prepared with a count of how many of each kind of item you brought. We do not have the space for you to count your books after you get here. Please bring donations in bags or boxes. Loose books are very difficult for us to handle and books in garbage bags are easily damaged. Please don’t tie books up with string. Plastic over paper grocery bags work very well, as do smaller boxes such as wine/beer boxes or file boxes (sometimes called banker’s boxes). Please use containers that you can just leave with us. Those re-useable bags are very nice, but only if you don’t want them back.
Please pull up in the striped area in front of the door on the side of the building to unload. DO NOT park in the building lot – you may stop briefly to drop off books but do not leave your car unattended. The building tenants rent their spaces year round and they will call the police to ticket your car if you park in one of their slots
26 Park St. (Lower level)
Montclair, NJ 07042
Web site: cwcmontclair.com
We can provide you with tax receipt for the books that you donate. The guidelines represent the prices for the books we sell.
If you feel any items in your donations exceed these guidelines, you must present them separately with an explanation.
The value guidelines for donated material is as follows:
Hardcover books $2.00
New (2017, 2018) 1/3 list price
Trade Paperbacks 1.00
Cassette tapes .25
Computer Software: New 1/3 list price
All others 1.00
Sheet Music: Pre 1915 1.00
All others .50
Music Books $1 – $2
If the value of your donation exceeds $500, you need to fill out IRS form #8283