- This event has passed.
NMOA: Summer Series | A Night of Jazz and Soul with Antoinette Montague: July 29, 2022
July 29 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$12 – $15
$15 GENERAL ADMISSION | $12 NMOA MEMBERS, NJS PATRONS & CHILDREN
Experience a night of jazz, blues, and dance in our Alice Dreyfuss Memorial Garden.
Hear Newark Native Antoinette Montague perform music from The Great American Songbook with Danny Mixon on piano, Melissa Slocum on bass, Bobby Sanabria on drums, and AC Lincoln on tap dance.
A Night of Jazz and Soul is organized by Sheila Anderson, WBGO host and jazz event curator.
NMOA Summer Series is a partnership between The Newark Museum of Art & New Jersey Symphony. Learn more.
This event is part of a series of public programs supporting the exhibitions Billie Holiday at Sugar Hill: Photographs by Jerry Dantzic and Jazz Greats: Classic Photographs from the Bank of America Collection. On view from June 9 to August 21, 2022.
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- On-site parking is available for $10. Use Washington Street entrance by Central Avenue.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved to the Billy Johnson Auditorium.