NMOA: Summer Series | Bass & Flute Extravaganza: August 17, 2022
August 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$20 – $23
$23 GENERAL ADMISSION | $20 NMOA MEMBERS, NJS PATRONS & CHILDREN
New Jersey Symphony Principal Bass Ha Young Jung has crafted a chamber music program starring the bass and flute!
The concert features modern and contemporary sounds from composers Dorothy Rudd Moore, Morton Gould and Valerie Coleman, with classic favorites from Bach, Rossini and Schulhoff.
Join us in The Newark Museum of Art’s Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden to enjoy the sounds of the New Jersey Symphony Chamber players in a perfect summertime setting.
Dorothy Rudd Moore TRANSCENSION (“I have been to the mountaintop”)
Bach Selection from Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007
Gould Benny’s Gig
Rossini Selection from Six String Sonatas
Schulhoff Concertino for Flute, Viola and Double Bass
Valerie Coleman Maombi Asante
Programs and artists are subject to change.
NMOA Summer Series is a partnership between The Newark Museum of Art & New Jersey Symphony. Learn more.
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- On-site parking is available for $10. Use Washington Street entrance by Central Avenue.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled to August 23.