- This event has passed.
NMOA : Summer Series | Broadway in the Bricks: July 8, 2022
July 8 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$12 – $15
Friday, 7– 8:30pm
$15 GENERAL ADMISSION | $12 NMOA MEMBERS, NJS PATRONS & CHILDREN
Broadway in the Bricks is a live performance series that brings Broadway’s best and brightest talents to Newark.
The evening performance will feature a jazz quartet, a cast of sultry, showstopping performers celebrating beloved show tunes and standards from Broadway musicals like Ain’t Misbehavin, After Midnight, Chicago, Sophisticated Ladies, and Jelly’s Last Jam.
Full cast and company to be announced soon.
This program is organized by NMOA Visiting Curator of Performing Arts Daryl Stewart, a Newark-based theatre artist.
NMOA Summer Series is a partnership between The Newark Museum of Art & New Jersey Symphony. Learn more.
This event is part of a series of public programs supporting the exhibitions Billie Holiday at Sugar Hill: Photographs by Jerry Dantzic and Jazz Greats: Classic Photographs from the Bank of America Collection. On view from June 9 to August 21, 2022.
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- On-site parking is available for $10. Use Washington Street entrance by Central Avenue.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved to the Billy Johnson Auditorium.