- This event has passed.
NMOA:Summer Series | Moving, Believing and Being Together: July 27, 2022
July 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$20 – $23
$23 GENERAL ADMISSION | $20 NMOA MEMBERS, NJS PATRONS & CHILDREN
New Jersey Symphony Resident Artistic Catalyst Daniel Bernard Roumain (DBR) returns to the Newark Museum of Art with the New Jersey Symphony Chamber Players for a program that presents music through the lens of an emotional arc that meets the moment.
DBR has curated a mix of works from amazing composers like Florence Price, Mozart, Farrenc and Barber and presents his own powerful works such as Hip-Hop Study & Etude in F Major and his arrangement of “Lift Every Voice and Sing.”
The Chamber Players will perform the Ukrainian national anthem in solidarity with the Ukraine people during the unjust war that continues.
- Verbytsky “State Anthem of Ukraine”
- Johnson/arr. Daniel Bernard Roumain “Lift Every Voice and Sing”
- Farrenc Selections from Nonet in E-flat Major
- Mozart Overture to The Marriage of Figaro
- Terry Riley In C
- Aleksandra Vrebalov Echolocations
- Price Adoration
- Daniel Bernard Roumain Hip-Hop Study & Etude in F Major
Programs and artists are subject to change.
NMOA Summer Series is a partnership between The Newark Museum of Art & New Jersey Symphony. Learn more.
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- On-site parking is available for $10. Use Washington Street entrance by Central Avenue.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled to August 2.